16 April 2011

Raffle Tickets!!!


Our wonderful school is very affordable (well, compared to other private preschools, that is) partly because they rely heavily on fundraising efforts like selling candy and chocolate bars to shore up costs. But that means now that we have TWO kids in school, we need to sell twice as much of everything!

On Friday Sister Lucy handed me an envelope full of raffle tickets - 20 packets' worth (10 per child). So now, unless I want to drop $200+ myself, I've got to sell them! Unfortunately, we don't have the benefit of living close by to the people children normally hit up for fundraising projects. On top of that, Matt's office has a policy against bringing in fundraisers! You'd think BANKERS could handle a bar of chocolate or a couple raffle tickets, right?

Anyway, I have to come up with an alternative way to unload these raffle tickets, so here's my plan. If there's anyone magnanimous enough to buy a few raffle tickets, PLEASE message/email me let me know how many you want. You can either mail me a check or send me a paypal payment and I'll put all your info on the tickets.

So here's how it works: The tickets are $1 for 1, $5 for 6, and they are pre-stapled into packets of 12 (in hopes that buyers will just buy $10 worth, I guess). I have 20 packets, so I have 240 tickets available.

The prizes:
  • 1st prize - $500!!!
  • 2nd prize - $200
  • 3rd prize - $100 gift certificate to Toys R Us
You don't need a ticket stub or anything (as you can see in the pic, there's no number or anything on it), the school will call you, or I will.

This is my final plea and then I'll end this post, I swear. Please please please buy some of these tickets!!!

P.S. We STILL have some chocolate that we weren't able to get rid of - I'll be shipping it to my parents who'll be selling it at the Notre Dame Book Shelf in Anderson, IN - go visit them and buy some chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment