01 October 2012

Reagan!



Now that we have 4 kids 5 & under, my blog posting frequency, both personal and professional, has dropped dramatically.  I'm not really sure why, because 4 isn't any crazier than 3 was, except that I haven't been making it a priority like I once was.  And since I have barely mentioned Reagan, I think I'm waaay overdue for a Reagan exclusive.



I thought I wrote a long post about our crazy birth experience, but I can't find it, so I'll have to rehash that insane story later.

Let's start at the beginning.  After a really quick and harried labor and delivery at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital in Midtown Manhattan, she came home!



Then she was inundated with siblings.  There has been very little mercy shown to the rookie.  The kids have been uber-excited from day one to be big bubs and big sis to a little baby, and everybody had to hold her all the time.  Maximilian was especially possessive of his new toy, but luckily he had her all to himself while Karol and Patrick were still in school.







Reagan has been as pleasant a baby as all the rest were.  I suppose they're like that out of necessity, since the baby often has to wait for mommy to finish pulling someone out of the bath, or cooking dinner, or any number of things.



Another side effect of being number 4: hitting all the motor skill milestones way too fast.  By her 3 month check up, she didn't even care for rolling over.  She was working on sitting up.  And today, I think I can officially say she is crawling, at 6 months and 4 days.  Technically, she's doing a sidewinder thing that Maximilian used to do.  



Thankfully, she's jumped into the mix with both feet.  She's particularly fond of - and endlessly entertained by - her two big brothers, who will do just about anything to make her giggle.  Here's Reagan admiring Maximilian's summer buzz cut:


Karol, as always, relishes in the role of Little Mommy.  She's been a fantastic little helper, and I'm amazed at the calm patience she's demonstrated with Reagan.  She certainly didn't get that from me.












Aren't my girls photogenic?


And here's Reagan officially part of the gang.  Older siblings make great baby-holders when mommy has to make dinner.



And of course Matt had the opportunity to use his baby-wrapping skillz again.





He makes it look easy, right?

Here are some more of my favorite Reagan pics:





 


Sadly, I can't capture all the special and unique moments I've had with Reagan in blog form because it's all going by remarkably fast.  Every once in a while I have to remind myself to just drop things and enjoy her in this baby stage of life.  She's such a happy baby, it's impossible not to be happy around her - even when she's refusing to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment