01 October 2012

Solid Foods


Man, can this kid put it away!  I've been saying for 2 months now "She's totally ready to eat.  I think we're torturing her when we eat in front of her, I mean, she's trying to steal my spoon at every bite."  But our little family tradition is to breastfeed exclusively for 6 FULL months.  



So this weekend, at 6 months and a couple days, Reagan had her first taste of her first 'real' food - avocado.  You know how most babies play with the food, gag on it, accidentally push it out over and over with their tongue?  Not this kid.  She's been studying.  She sees us all eat at least 3 times a day and she's figured it all out.  And she ate THE WHOLE JAR.  The FIRST time.  And the time after that, and every other time so far.  And it all goes in (and stays down).  I knew she'd be ready, but I had no idea she was that ready!



See how she's not even that messy in the pictures?  It's because she's scarfing it all down.

Needless to say, I'm going through the homemade baby food I prepared much faster than I anticipated.  After finishing up all my avocado today at lunch, she had banana at dinner time and did even better with that than with the avocado (it's a bit thinner, so it's easier to get in/down).  She did leave a smidgen left in the container this time, however.

Just one more milestone she's racing through...

No comments:

Post a Comment