11 February 2013

Minivan Adventures

Man, it's been a busy morning.  And the first weekday with the new minivan!  I'm still not keen on being a minivan driver, but it's exactly what we need right now.  Loading/unloading the kids is proving to be a lot easier than one might anticipate.  Thanks to the stow-n-go feature, we've got one of the middle seats folded all the way into the floor, so the kids just climb into their seats and I can click them all in, 1, 2, 3.  And Reagan sits in the other middle captain's chair in a detachable car seat.

Parking was a hassle today, but I think it was worse than it should be due to the weather.  We'll see how it goes the rest of the week.  These are the lessons learned (the hard way) so far:


  1. Always wear rain boots when there's any sort of precipitation.  I keep learning this one over and over, and yet I still tell myself tennis shoes would be better...big mistake today.
  2. Have food on hand at all times.  I think I'm going to get a couple boxes of breakfast bars to snack on in the car.  I didn't eat breakfast this morning and was ready to eat my arm by the time I got back.
  3. Stock the car with toys.  Max got rather bored and agitated on the way back home from school drop-off.  
  4. Bring a bag to gather trash.  There's already fruit snack wrappers out of control in the back seat.
It will be interesting to see how pick-up goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment